A Guide to Business Start Up
It seems like everyone is quitting their 9-5 job and going it alone, and with this digital world we live in, setting up your own business have never been easier. More people realise that you will never become rich working for someone else, and if you have had enough of an employee’s life and have a great business idea, here is a guide to starting your own company.
- The Concept – The most important aspect of all, your concept needs to be one that addresses a need. You need to provide a product or service with a difference, and ask yourself the question, ‘What do I offer that others do not?’. Obviously, there needs to be demand for your products or services, and by researching the competition, you should be able to come up with a concept that makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Funding – Once you have a product line that works, you need to crunch all the numbers and work out how much starting capital you will need. Simply put, without funding, you cannot implement anything, so make sure you have sufficient funds to get the business off the ground, plus you should have the funds to survive the first 6 months without making a sale!
- Digital Marketing – There’s little choice but to outsource this, and finding a local SEO company (called บริษัท รับ ทำ SEO in Thai) is easy with a Google search. The SEO expert would take a look at your business plan and help you to create a suitable digital marketing plan that will get your message out on all the right platforms. You cannot afford to underestimate the power of social media, which needs to be an integral part of your plan, and this is something the SEO specialist can handle on your behalf.
- The Business Plan – If you were of the opinion that a business plan is something you need to show a potential investor, think again. While any likely investor would want to see your business plan, the reason for creating it is so you can be certain that you have prepared for every eventuality. Once finished, send it to trusted friends and ask them to pick holes in it, and with some amendments, you should have a firm plan on where you want to go, and more importantly, how you are going to get there. If you would like to know how to write a good business plan, there are lots of free resources online that will point you in the right direction.
- Persistence and Determination – The old saying, ‘failure cannot live with persistence’ certainly applies to setting up a business, and it will require all your determination to succeed. There will be days when you wonder why you ever bothered, but grit your teeth, take a deep breath and strive onwards and it will be OK in the end, providing, of course, you have done your homework.
It is never going to be easy to start your own enterprise, but with the right attitude and a great business plan, there is no reason why you can’t succeed.